“There’s a better way to do it, find it.” – Thomas Edison
Even things that are “working fine” either can be improved today or will need to be improved in the tomorrows to come as changes take place around us. So what are the things that change? They could be personal or professional – common or critical.
Some Better Ways are fixes to the current system, like buying a new gadget that makes things faster and easier or changing up the process to better accomplish the goal. But there are other Better Ways that require the current ways be totally demolished and rebuilt to match the needs of today. Both of these require the ability to see the need to change, the imagination to develop a solution, and the desire to see the change through to the end because change takes energy and effort.
So, what are some common areas that we can seek out Better Ways?
- Are you overweight? There’s a Better Way to eat and exercise.
- Are you always running short on time? There’s a Better Way to plan and prioritize.
- Are you still using a rotary phone? There’s a Better Way to communicate.
- Are you still riding a horse to get to work? There’s a Better Way to get from place to place.
- Are you still trying to fill that hole in your heart with alcohol, drugs, food, education, work, etc.? There’s a Better Way because it’s a God-shaped hole – not a ______-shaped hole (whatever I/you/they have been shoving in there).
My Girls, I Hope & Pray that you will:
- Find your foundational Better Way in a relationship with God through Faith in Jesus.
- Never allow yourself to become comfortable in What Is, and in doing so become blinded to the point that you can longer see What Could Be.
Challenge Question: What “Better Ways” are in front of you TODAY?
God’s Word: Hebrews 1:1-3, Romans 3:21-23, 6:23 & 10:8-10, John 3:16-21, and 1st John 1:1-4