Brandy, Addy, and Grace,
“Today yells louder, but the future lasts longer.” – Levi Lusko
The amount of clarity and dedication I have to my vision for the future will shape the decisions I make TODAY. If I’m clear and laser-focused, I’ll stay on the path that leads to my dreams – if not… well… I won’t.
For example, let’s consider some of the things that will pull against my vision for the future TODAY.
- Physically – Am I going to eat and exercise in a way that supports my ability to run marathons (or at least finish) well into my 80’s? Because if all I’m seeing is TODAY, then taking a day, week, month… off from training and eating that Big Mouth Burger and fries will look way more tempting than crossing a finish line in 40 years.
- Spiritually – Am I going to stay connected to my God TODAY, so that I leave a legacy of Faith, Hope, and Love that impacts those around me? Because if all I’m seeing is TODAY, then just doing my own thing and living a selfish life sounds pretty good… at least for TODAY, tomorrow, and a maybe couple of tomorrows to come (that turns into a lifetime).
- Emotionally – Am I going to stay centered TODAY – not flying off the handle, so that I can build relationships instead of damaging them. Because if all I’m seeing is TODAY, then giving that “idiot” a piece of my mind or forcing my will over those whom I can exert control seems way more satisfying than being patient and kind.
- Mentally – Am I going to learn something TODAY, so that I can continually improve? Because if all I’m seeing is TODAY, then let’s just keep doing what we’ve been doing and I’ll relax right here until life forces me to grow.
My Girls, TODAY is going to challenge your ability to accomplish your dreams… in this, there is no doubt. However, I Hope and Pray that you will have such clarity and dedication to your vision of what you want your life to look like that you will do TODAY that which must be done to reach your dreams.
- What is your vision for the future?
- How will your decisions TODAY affect your dreams?