“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go – no one else.” – Les Brown
If you haven’t seen your dreams come true yet, it can be tempting to become frustrated or even angry and bitter – blaming other people, circumstances, or a lack of resources for where you’re at in life but don’t stop short of laying responsibility anywhere other than the person in the mirror.
Let’s use a baseball illustration for this one… sometimes there are circumstances in life, like being born on Third Base that sets you up nicely to score a run. And maybe you have this year’s home run derby champion batting behind you – that wouldn’t hurt either, but regardless of these things you still have to run from Third to Home or all those great circumstances and resources you have going for you won’t amount to a hill of beans. On the other hand, if you’re one of the billions that weren’t born on a Base, then you’re going to have to:
- Step up to the plate (that takes decisiveness and guts).
- Keep your eye on the ball (staring in envy at the guy who was born on Third Base will only hurt you).
- Put the bat on the ball (that take practice).
- Run the bases (that takes conditioning, speed, and agility).
My Girls, to achieve your goals, you need to:
- Understand where you’re at in life.
- Know where you want to go.
- Develop a plan to get there.
- Execute the plan.
Get after it and don’t give up.
Challenge Question: What do you need to do to score a run TODAY?